Friday, November 30, 2012

Goodbye Multiply

Tomorrow, Multiply will cease to be a social networking site and will instead become a marketplace. 

During my creative phase, Multiply was the site where I usually posted my blogs and travel photos. I didn't care about Facebook back then and I even customized the design of my own site, learning CSS and other tools for site customization. 





Lately, I had ceased to post anything in that site as I have also caught the FB bug, but learning about Multiply's demise as a social networking site saddens me. When I visited my site to backup the site contents, I can't help but feel nostalgic at the blogs I posted, especially the comments of some of my contacts--ranging from friends, office mates, netizens I've become familiar with in the site through mutual interests, and even the occasional well-known people from the internet and daily broadsheets.

Back then, blogging was something I took seriously, even to the point of doing "semi-professional" reviews of some of the places I've been to or just an anime I liked. Posting the most "professional" photos of sceneries was also a must, so some people's comments would really make my day, like Manila Bulletin's photographer Mr. Ross Capili's comments on my Ilocos Sunset album.

So on the eve of Multiply's transformation into a marketing site, I would like to blog in my Multiply site one last time as a way of showing my appreciation to the site for motivating me to squeeze out my creative juices and share to the rest of the worldwide web some of my thoughts and life experiences.


Thank you and Goodbye and I wish you success in your next endeavor.

As to the people I've met through Multiply, see you around in cyberspace. :)


------------------------------------


Postscript: You can visit my new blog site at: www.ryabianca.blogspot.com

3 comments:

  1. nice to see you back online. yup be seeing you in cyberspace :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. by the way, here's where park my thoughts nowadays: http://dichotomousthoughts.wordpress.com/ http://whitecoatchronicles.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll make sure to check them out. It's hard enough to update 1 blog site... and you have 2. wow! :)

      Delete